There is many theories and myths – car manufacturers need to sell cars and services need job. Why would they tell you how to look after your car?
I’ve created simple steps to reduce wear and tear:
- start your engine on and let it run at idle revs for at least thirty seconds
- NEVER drive your car at high revs while cold
- NEVER replace engine oil at recommended intervals
- NEVER stop your car and turn engine off
- air filters are cheaper than an engine replacement – I change my air filter with engine oil (every 5000-8000km according my current driving style)
Once, you warm up your car properly, you can push as hard as you can (of course your car must be maintained properly and in good shape).
I always push everything to the limits – still, my cars last longer than so called careful and responsible drivers.
My Skoda Fabia HR II has got almost 300k km on ODO meter – as my friend said “bloody hell man, your car drives better than my Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi (74kW).